I look at selling your home as an huge money-making opportunity. Here's why – what is your current hourly wage at your job? If you're like most Americans, it's somewhere between $20 and $40 an hour. What if I told you that selling your home will give you the opportunity to make HUNDREDS per hour?
It's true. Thank about it… imagine you want to get your house on the market in exactly one month. And during that month, you invested 50 hours and about $500 getting your house in tip-top shape (that's 8 hours per weekend, plus one hour per evening during the week). If you follow the steps below, those 50 hours could easily get you an extra $10,000 or more for your house. That's $200 an hour people! And it could easily be more.
Home buying and selling season is upon us, better known as the Pennsylvania Spring Real Estate market.
Here are the 10 things best things to do that will get your house ready to sell FAST and for the right price:
1. Pick a day to list in the future and work backward from it.
2. Ask for outside opinions of things that need to be done in your house. Where I come in as your licensed Realtor.
3. Treat it like a business. Your house is no longer just your home, it's an asset you are trying to get top dollar for.
4. De-clutter. Read Marie Kondo anyone?
5. Do some research on staging. Using your own furniture or renting some pieces to spruce up your space.
6. Paint! Soft neutrals such as gray, white, etc.
7. Focus on curb appeal. Pick up some cute flowers, throw a nice pillow on your chairs, keep your front entrance welcoming.
8. Have a plan for when the call for showing your home! take children, pets, and yourself away to allow potential buyers to focus on the home.
9. GREAT professional photos for marketing, this service is included with every home I list to sell.
10. Price it right out of the gate and get top dollar quickly!
Happy selling season, as always please call, text, or email me if you have questions or wish to buy or sell real estate.
Author:Elise Laabab Phone: 484-479-4583 Dated: February 5th 2019 Views: 165 About Elise: Elise is a skilled and dedicated REALTOR® serving the greater Philadelphia metro area with a strong...
Michael’s real estate practice is focused on quality properties in established and developing neighborhoods that offer all the desirable amenities of urban living. Rittenhouse Square to Queen Village, Kensington to Passyunk, and great outlying communities such as Chestnut Hill and Spruce Hill are all within his domain.
Michael ventured into real estate in New York in the 1990’s developing residential and small business commercial properties as an investor, contractor, and end user. In 2005 he moved to Philadelphia and began working with individuals, couples, families, and investors to achieve their real estate goals. Since then, Michael has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the neighborhoods of Philadelphi a, our changing market conditions, and how to position each deal. He has an inherent ability to understand his client’s motivation, tastes, and bottom line, making him in an invaluable asset to each transaction. Michael’s attention to detail and his sensitivity to the interests of all involved parties are redefining buyer’s and seller’s expectations, one client at a time.